We are required to keep a register of guests over the age of 16 who stay with us. This includes full names and nationality and – for guests who are not British, Irish or from the Commonwealth – also passport number, place of issue and details of the next destination. This is in accordance with the Immigration (Hotel records) Order 1972. These records are kept for a minimum of 12 months and in accordance with the DPA (Data Protection Act 2018) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation 2018).
Our policy surrounding the personal details you provide as part of any booking or enquiry through this website or third-party website, including the privacy of those details is briefly explained below:
Data will be processed lawfully and fairly
- It will be collected for specific and legitimate purposes
- It will be limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed
- Data will be held securely – either electronically or in a register
- Data will only be retained for as long as is necessary for the reason it was collected
- Your data will not be passed on to any third-party for marketing purposes
- We may disclose your details to comply with any legal or fraudulent activity
- Our database will be available to any prospective buyer of our business
- All credit/debit card details are processed in accordance with PCI DSS compliance.
- IP addresses and cookies may be collected for analytical purposes.
- We hold your data to exclusively process your business with us now or in the future.
- Your data is shared between us and any online booking platform that you use to book with – please note these online booking platforms have their own privacy policies
- You accept that any entries you make to an on-site guest book, if available, will not contain personal information or details you would not want disclosed.
We have tried to keep this policy simple and welcome any feedback. Please email any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org